Sunday 6 October 2013

I heart SPOONING

It's true! Spooning! Not just something fun to do to keep warm through those long dark winter months. By which of course I'm referring to the fiery glow of one's silversmithing torch ;)

Yes beauteous readers I have only gone and made my very first ever silver spoon. And I'm really rather pleased with it even if I do say so myself.

And so, I could tell you about my process, I could share the pitfalls of the design. I am very happy to do these things, but on this occasion I'm going to put my metal where my mouth is and let the spoon do the talking (pictures galore below).

The one thing you need to know is that this was inspired by my very dear & wonderful friends who created something much more precious out of love - their firstborn son - to whom this piece is dedicated and belongs.

Peace, love & spoons all. SSx


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful spoon, a beautiful gift and such wonderful and beautiful inspiration to create it :)
    Thanks for sharing all the great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words Silver Moss :) so pleased to hear that you like it!
    I can't take all the credit on the photography side though, that was teamwork with Mr S.

    ReplyDelete