Friday 3 August 2012

A sable silver’d: Fish Bangle


The thing you need to know about the dead, decapitated fish is that it genuinely seemed to be smiling at me.  I simply couldn’t resist a close up:

I want to start my adventure with blogging by sharing my favourite self-made piece of jewellery. One of my first pieces, designed and made by yours truly and I really love it. It had a joyful but macabre start to life as a dead and decapitated fish washed up on the beach. As I sat contemplating what on earth I was going to do with the gift of 2 hours a week to spend amongst interesting creative people in a well stocked jewellery studio adjacent to the river cam, it came to me – that fish! The dead one, the one that had been decapitated from the head down. Well, it was so cheerful! How could it translate to jewellery? Yes, of course! How about a dead fish bangle…


Well, I feel very lucky to have come across that fish. I think it turned out pretty well. Don’t you?

1 comment:

  1. Creepy. Lovely but creepy; right on time for the Halloween on Etsy. I bet it would be popular. I don't like the way this fish smiles.

    ReplyDelete