Sunday 22 December 2013

Back to Base-ics: Instant Gratification

Hello!

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, and really I'm not complaining since it's such a joy, but metalsmithing is often a rather slow process. Especially for me, as a bit of an amateur and *whispers* uptight perfectionist.

So, a couple of weeks ago whilst between a couple of projects and on a night when my attempts at being zen and experimental were mostly making a mess (and validating my careful planning and painstakingly slow making practices) I decided to indulge in a quick fix. I wanted to make something simple. I wanted to make something quick. I wanted to hit something.... So, I did.

Reader, I confess, I loved it! I got to do some sawing (my one true love), to use the big fierce blow torch and I got to give this piece a good bash. Yes, that is the technical term.

It wasn't, as you may have guessed, fine jewellery. It was this simple hammered dish.

Rustic, yes, but check out the colours and texture. Perfect for displaying little treasures too.

SSx

 


No comments:

Post a Comment